How to Generate Normal Distributed Random Values
Learn how to generate normal distributed random values with a standard deviation of 1.
- Create an empty workbook.
- Apply EXPLODE_RANGE(1;10) to the first column the formula and name the column
- Apply RAND() to the second column and name the column
- Proceed further up to the point where you have a column named
- Apply to the last column the formula SUM(#Rand1;#Rand2;#Rand3;#Rand4;#Rand5;#Rand6;#Rand7;#Rand8;#Rand9;#Rand10;#Rand11;#Rand12) and name the column
- Adjust the range to your needs, i.e. by changing it to EXPLODE_RANGE(1;10000).
For quick reference, find attached the final version which is uploadable via REST API. It does not have any dependencies.